Egg 3 is dead..Graphic photos

Even my babies I got from Metzers are like that so yes I would say its a runner thing.
I got home from town the other day and 3 of my runners came running across the yard laughing at me. I whipped round and here they came. I shouted what are you doing out, get back in there and pointed. Off they went running on tippy toes, wings just a flappin, laughing at me as they went back then back thru the square on the cattle fencing. They havent done it since..thank god. My Runners are priceless...I love them to death.

Ok I just candled my eggs Lisa, I did them all this time. 6 eggs you can see the yolk move round in the shell when you turn it, no dark spots, no nothing. 1 other egg, well DARN....its got MEGA veins and a big red spot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does this mean I have 6 dud eggs in my bator.
Should I leave them a while longer till at least day 10...the 28th dec
If they are duds, can I take them out and replace them
If I do that and I already have an egg in the bator...what about lock down for the 1 lone egg
Am I in a tizzy or what
lol.png

sad.png
NNNNOOOO ... Oh I am so sorry to hear that. Is the egg with veins the seventh egg you popped in for extra good luck?? I always leave mine a little longer if I am not sure about them..but with the good egg for comparison, it doesnt sound good for the other six. Changing over the eggs sounds like a good idea. And in the mean time you can plan what to do for your little one who will be on its lonesome for ten days if it hatches.

Quote:
Believe it or not the egg is in fact the 7th egg for Good Luck...right at the back on its own coz I had them 2 by 2 by 2 and 1. Its the 1 that was above the humidity more than the others too!!! Would that of helped.
Ok...so about this Lonesome egg!!!
Can I take the others out and add more. If so, what about lockdown...what will happen to the other eggs in there with all the humidity for 3 days?

Quote:
Believe it or not the egg is in fact the 7th egg for Good Luck...right at the back on its own coz I had them 2 by 2 by 2 and 1. Its the 1 that was above the humidity more than the others too!!! Would that of helped.
Ok...so about this Lonesome egg!!!
Can I take the others out and add more. If so, what about lockdown...what will happen to the other eggs in there with all the humidity for 3 days?

Plus, I put the eggs in last Saturday 8AM...so it will only be say 7 days if I add more tomorrow. Knowing my luck the next load I put in will be duds too...Oh well, what can you do.

I thought it was day ten...but you were asking if you should leave them in until day ten...I knew I at least saw the number ten somewhere... I was about to head out for Christmas eve drinks when I saw your post..so must have had other things on my mind as well. Most of the time I use a separate hatcher- but this week I have hatched some chickens and ducklings in the main incubator. I actually didnt increase the humidity at all, mostly because the majority of eggs were chickens- but the ducklings hatched ok as well. Three days isnt really long enough at a higher humidity to dramatically effect other eggs. Many people often hatch that way without adverse affects.

I doubt it would be the higher humidity - you would still be able to see a bloodring in the other eggs had they been fertile and started to develop.

I hope things go better with the next round.

OK, Im going to candle this morning to make sure im taking out the right eggs and I have 5 eggs sitting there unwashed from yesterday on the counter. Ill put them in and hope for the best.
Going by the photos I saw and a sticky in the chicken bit, Fionas egg is poruss. Darn did I not say last week I thaught I had gay ducks...maybe I do hehehe

I have taken the 6 eggs out and replaced them with the 5 on the counter. Broke the 6 open and nothing, just the yolks and whites, no little marks, no veins. I put the Lonesome in last Saturday and started my count on Sunday, so really there is only 6 days between lonesome and todays eggs. Well, here goes again. I will NOT give in, I will NOT in
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom