egg addiction

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by penelope77, Jun 29, 2008.

1. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    okay i'm addicted to eggs. i was just gonna get around ten but i have close to forty in my incubator. it's not all my fault. on one of my orders i ordered 12 and i got six extra. i mean c'mon, how was i supposed to know they would be soooo generous. in my egg mess i have 5 turkey eggs and four appear to be fertile. i'm giving the fifth one a little longer cause i did do i the candling a little early on them because i'm impatient. i'm already planning what i want next. my husband is gonna kill me. okay maybe not cause they do fall under the rule of "i can have all the animals i want as long as they give us something besides a feed bill". i didn't know when i ordered eggs that it would be so fun. my order of 16 is a mix so it's nothing but a big surprise as to what i will get! i can't wait!

2. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    I have not been brave enough to try to hatch eggs yet!! You all are really making me think about it though!! My husband would go crazy if I ask him for yet another coop. We already have two!

3. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    you should definitely go for it! i don't have a coop. mine free range and at night they go to the shed to sleep so i don't have to ask him to make anything thankfully. the other rule with having as many animals as i want is that he doesn't have to mess with them unless absolutely necessary. haha he has actually helped me out alot cause he has found he actually kind of likes the animals.

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    im addicted to hatching i have at lease one hatch a week and still love incubating

5. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Quote:same here. but I have to stop, want all birds feathered out before fall.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by