egg amounts

Dont worry we all make mistakes. I thought you miss understood, so wanted to clarify.

I would check the woods, any hiding places at all you can think of and even the ones you dont think of LOL... I found one of my hens laying in an animal "den" LOL... Thankfully it is no longer used LOL. They have also layed on my sons bed (when the windows were open), in the Ivy, under the house, in the car.... OMG... you would be surprised. Do you have a garage? I have heard of people that have had their hens laying in a dark spot in the garage LOL. So as you can see... they will lay anywhere.

What I did, I let mine free range all day... they have a coop/run that they go into at night. So what I did is I locked them in "chicky jail" for a week or two. and now, I leave them in until around noon or 1:00 daily (let the roos out in the early morning). I have found that it helps me get more eggs, and trains them to lay in their nesting boxes.

Good Luck!!!

:|Well I checked in a couple of catalogs and the chicken I am looking for is not the Delaware, but the White Giants and the White Wyandotles
look interesting as well. Have four months to decide.

Good Luck, wish I could help, but I dont have either of those breeds. But as you said, you have 4 months to decide, and the link I posted will help you with alot. the size of egg, temperment, broodness... etc... Have fun with your new babies when you get them.

I have 5 white wyandottes in my big flock. They are 21 weeks old. No eggs from them yet. I am patiently waiting. They are fat and fluffy and seem to be rather mild tempered.

I said it was not the Delaware. When I emailed the
Cackle Hatchery they emailed me back and said it could be the Delaware or the Delaware X Hampshire. If anyone has a pic of a Delaware X Hampshire I would like to see what it looks like.

Thank You!!!!
fl.gif

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
I found our new breed of layers for next spring. I saw a post with a pic of a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hen. The person who posted it said they were in love with the breed. The feeling is mutual.
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom