EGG BOUND AND POOP

Keep an eye on her. Even if she's active now, that can change in a minute. Be prepared with the amoxicillian or fish mox; perso ally, I'd run a 10-day course just to be sure. It's 250 mg per day for a large fowl, but you can check the dose if you search this site.

I have a chicken who rarely laid eggs, and then laid a lash egg. I put her on an antibiotics course, and she seemed fine. A few months later, I saw odd droppings in the run, so I put her in another course. It may be coincidental (and probably is), but she's laying regularly now.

I get my amoxicillian from my doctor and dentist, both of whom I've been going to for decades. I also have a friend whose vet was willing to prescribe for my girl.

Where are you in NJ? I'm in Bergen County.

You can give a human calcium citrate 600mg tablet with D3 daily for a few days to a week to see if her shells become hard when she lays again. Soft shells could indicate that she is not getting enough calcium, or that she is having a reproductive issue, such as salpingitis. When an egg breaks inside it can be a set up for infection. Amoxicillin may be available without a prescription for fish, called Aqua Mox online. Give a 5 pound hen 250 mg orally twice daily for 10 days. Most antibiotics are no longer available in feed stores. Here is a site to order it:
https://www.allivet.com/product/aqu...YOU_Jrisu61WgOYWFBtqJ9CilnQuIFIRoC2o4QAvD_BwE

Back
Top Bottom