Egg bound? Help!

There on amazon I believe. But I don't know If soaking is ok for it or not if she reacts better to it I would say go ahead but if its no different then maybe just give it a break

I’m very sorry you lost your girl. It can be very stressful trying to treat an illness when you aren’t sure what is causing it.

You can take her for necropsy with your states veterinary diagnostic services if you want to know for sure. They ask you keep her refrigerated, not frozen, for the best and most accurate results. 🙏

She passed 💔
Thank you all for the advice.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Without necrospy/diagnostics through your state lab, it's hard to know what caused her decline.
Sometimes labs and vets can be cost prohibitive, so it's understandable when these are not an option.
If you are up to it, you can perform your own informal investigation. If you do that, take photos and we'll try to help you with what you find/see.

That said. One of the most common things that causes a laying hen (regardless of breed) to decline as they age is reproductive disorders. Cancer, tumors, EYP, Salpingitis, etc. Fatty liver disease is another issue that seems to affect layers and sometimes it's seen in addition to the above reproductive disorders.

White urates usually indicate dehydration.

Yellow poop is not typically normal. Yellow often indicates that the liver is not functioning properly. I've also seen a lot of yellow urates in hens that were declining due to reproductive problems.

Marek's disease mainly affects younger birds, but there's always a possibility. Testing is the best way to diagnose Marek's.

Once a hen is in a state of decline from a condition or infection, having an overload of Coccidia which she would normally have resistance to, could become a secondary issue.

Ok so hybrid chicken breeds are little bit more prone to sickness then purebreds although I have no clue why. Does she have waddles ? if so color? and poop picture? 😊

Take her to your near by vet as soon as possible

I bet she has coccidiosis

1. Practice good Biosecurity .
2. Keep feeding areas Clean and Dry.
Often times yellow poop means that there has been a change in diet. For example corn can give chickens yellow poop .
Also sometimes yellow or brownish-red poops can indicate shedding of cecal cells which is normal (and yellow can as well) . Try giving her some Amprolium Chloride it is pacifically made for Coccidiosis.
There is also nothing wrong with yellow poop it just means dietary changes .

scratch everything I said she has MAREK'S DISEASE

Try giving her POLY. VI. SOL instead

Back
Top Bottom