Egg bound Hen Help!

I would not give her Epsom salts orally. I have to agree with @Wyorp Rock that it sounds more like she has something stuck, such as lash egg material. Cancer is also very common in hens, and that could be blocking her. I was hoping that you could save your hen, but it sounds less likely now. I do hop that you would be able to do or get a necropsy on her if you lose her. That could show you what was wrong. I do them on most chickens that I lose if possible.

I would not give her Epsom salts orally. I have to agree with @Wyorp Rock that it sounds more like she has something stuck, such as lash egg material. Cancer is also very common in hens, and that could be blocking her. I was hoping that you could save your hen, but it sounds less likely now. I do hop that you would be able to do or get a necropsy on her if you lose her. That could show you what was wrong. I do them on most chickens that I lose if possible.
how much do necropsys cost?

Hello! I am sorry I haven't been on BYC much for the past few days. I was just busy with my birds! On Friday I thought Daisy was a bit lonely, so I went and got Alice ( my quail ) and let her play with daisy some in my backroom for a while. It seemed like she was feeling even better then! I am happy to announce that on Saturday 9:07 AM Daisy passed an egg! I figured out it was just an overly large egg she could not get out I cracked it and it was normal! No lash egg. Just really big! Daisy is doing fine now! Thank you for all of your help! You all saved my Daisy's life! This morning I walked out into my backyard holding a piece of cucumber. Guess who came running first, Daisy! Thank you all for your help, hope, and prayers!

Hello! I am sorry I haven't been on BYC much for the past few days. I was just busy with my birds! On Friday I thought Daisy was a bit lonely, so I went and got Alice ( my quail ) and let her play with daisy some in my backroom for a while. It seemed like she was feeling even better then! I am happy to announce that on Saturday 9:07 AM Daisy passed an egg! I figured out it was just an overly large egg she could not get out I cracked it and it was normal! No lash egg. Just really big! Daisy is doing fine now! Thank you for all of your help! You all saved my Daisy's life! This morning I walked out into my backyard holding a piece of cucumber. Guess who came running first, Daisy! Thank you all for your help, hope, and prayers!
I’m so glad she’s feeling better!

Back
Top Bottom