Only one of my quail is laying HUGE eggs every 3 days and I have a feeling it’s the same one that seemed to be struggling. Any suggestions for helping her lay them more easily? The others are laying daily. They have lots of light, calcium etc. only thing I can think of is that she’s dehydrated? Or maybe since it was her first egg it was difficult being so big? The egg comes out with lots of calcium deposits on it and it’s the biggest egg I’ve ever seen. Is she eating too much calcium?
She's probably laying double yolkers. I have a hen that suffered from vent prolapse, but after treatment she only lays every other day, and it's a huge egg with two yolks. It sounds like you're doing what you can. If a bird lays double yolk eggs, she's likely to do it regularly.

Thank you, I brought her inside so she had easy access to everything she needs and she laid the most beautiful egg I have ever seen. I officially know this is only her second egg. Her first was so covered in calcium deposits that it looked white but this one is smooth and colorful. However there were a couple small blood streaks on it and it was slightly cracked. Is this ok for a young layer to experience?

Attachments

• CC4A36D9-C04C-427A-AEAD-0B60CC078034.jpeg
    CC4A36D9-C04C-427A-AEAD-0B60CC078034.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom