Egg bound or Vent Gleet? - Advice please

How much is surgery?
$180-500. Our vet is trying to arrange for someone to do the surgery about 5 hours away. My daughters friends and community have raised $210 so far, if the surgery goes ahead.
Flower is still alert and wants to be near us at all times, but doesn’t want to drink today. She pecks a little at apple and cucumber, but not much. She snuggled into my daughters neck to sleep last night.

Did they xray her to see if it was a stuck egg?
No, the X-ray was $180 on top of our visit. The vet said she could feel a hard mass when she had her finger in her vent, it’s in her upper digestive tract BUT tissue is blocking the way to the mass. The vet thinks it’s a formed yoke that got stuck and then had layer and layer of shell deposited onto it, until it turned solid. It pretty much needs surgery to get it out.

$180-500. Our vet is trying to arrange for someone to do the surgery about 5 hours away. My daughters friends and community have raised $210 so far, if the surgery goes ahead.
Flower is still alert and wants to be near us at all times, but doesn’t want to drink today. She pecks a little at apple and cucumber, but not much. She snuggled into my daughters neck to sleep last night.
Ok $500 is alot but I was thinking thousands so I'm glad not the case. That is super awesome to hear people are helping your cause! And to be halfway there! You guys can do it!

I don't know how big your neighborhood is but if you are free this weekend maybe print out a picture of Flower and make it a day of going door to door or a park and see if more people can chip in? Chicken lives matter too😄 She is such a sweet looking bird.

Also if your vet uses Care Credit, its a credit card you can get on the spot from the clinic, that might be an option for you. In 2019 one of my dogs needed emergency tooth surgery. $1700 but I was able to do it with Care Credit. Can ask your vet too if they will create a monthly payment agreement for you. I'm sure they get financial assistance questions all the time.

0E0DD30F-BE34-4AB7-8B43-5BAFE9100664.jpeg

Here’s what we are dealing with. 4 eggs, the one on the far right is caught in the tissue. She has been in the vet for 1.5 hours. We are waiting outside to find out if it’s successful or she passes

Back
Top Bottom