Egg Bound? Please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Zoeys Chickens, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Zoeys Chickens

Zoeys Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2015
    So about a month ago we lost a hen while someone else was taking care of the chickens and they said that the chicken was just sitting and wouldn't move and we lost her a few days later. Now I wasn't there to see exactly how the hen was acting.. Now I have an Easter egger who acts normal except when I go check on them in the afternoon, she's in the nest box while the rest of the chickens are out pecking. when I moved her out she ate some food.. I don't know if I'm over reacting or something but I don't want to miss something and loose another chicken! When I check on them in the morning she is with the rest of the flock.. Sorry if this post was kind of all over the place I hope it makes sense!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Does your EE still lay eggs? Could she be going broody? I would make sure that she is eating and drinking.

3. BeachMomma

BeachMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2015
    NC
    A few questions that will help us help you..

How old is she?
    Does she walk like a penguin (waddling)?
    Is her vent looking normal?
    How long has she been staying in the nest and is there any eggs afterwards?

4. The Chicken Fan

The Chicken Fan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2015
    Oregon
    Look up articles on a chicken being egg bound. There will be signs. One of mine became egg bound and I could tell immediately.

5. Zoeys Chickens

Zoeys Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2015
    She was out walking and eating today and seems to be ok thanks for all of your comments! I will still keep an eye on her and keep you updated [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by