egg bound ...please help

blueeyedjeep

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 14, 2014
My chicken is egg bound we did warm bath we did electrolytes we also do the heat lampwe just lubricated her vent and could feel the egg was very very hard and very big she is walking fine eating and pooping fine is there anything else I can do please help

Ok my chicken is egg bound we have tried one bath the heat lamp even putting lub on her vent and stretching her one eggs came out cracked but more is still in there what can I dov

Might want to try some antibiotics in her water (never experienced this myself) Howeer I have read that is what others have done

Last edited:
I second the antibiotics. Of the egg broke inside her, it could easily lead to a nasty infection. Just keep doing what you are doing. More warm baths, more lubricating, etc. During the bath, also massage her her from her belly towards her vent. That tends to help move things along. I have also heard of people making a small incision in the vent to enlarge it for the egg to pass, but you should probably only do that as a last resort and only if the egg is right at the vent.

Back
Top Bottom