Egg bound?... prolapse??? Help please!

Shanna-stephens

Chirping
Apr 8, 2018
Northwest Arkansas
Just found one of my sweeties like this.... I can feel the egg but I see no way of it coming out without cutting it out?? It is completely incased in what appears to be intestinal lining, etc?? She is a young pullet, just started laying a month or two ago... please help not sure what to do. Have her soaking in a warm bath. Not sure exactly how long shes been this way ?? I usually spend a lot of time outside but it's been raining the last couple of days it wont let the picture upload. Out in the boondocks :mad::hit

Just found one of my sweeties like this.... I can feel the egg but I see no way of it coming out without cutting it out?? It is completely incased in what appears to be intestinal lining, etc?? She is a young pullet, just started laying a month or two ago... please help not sure what to do. Have her soaking in a warm bath. Not sure exactly how long shes been this way ?? I usually spend a lot of time outside but it's been raining the last couple of days it wont let the picture upload. Out in the boondocks :mad::hit

Someone told me casportpony could help!!

Okay it’s not intestinal lining. It’s membrane that encases the eggs. Soak in warm water she may actually lay in the warm water. Once out of the bath lubricante the vent area well especially the tissue that’s incasing the egg. Keep her warm and dry.
You can give her a bit of the Tums for the shot of calcium it will give her system. Put it in a treat if she won’t eat it straight away.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help but I'm praying for you and your Hen!!!

Back
Top Bottom