Egg bound vs internal laying? Help!

I saw that post last night @Miss Lydia . Very helpful! This is such a wonderful community. Is it the same for pills? I wish they had given liquid. I tried corn this morning, out of peas but I will get some today. My older ducks are crazy for them. These ducks are much less good about eating from our hands.
I'd say a pill would need to be crushed up and added to a bit of liquid before going down. Place the corn/peas in a small bowl with meds and see if they will eat them that way. I wish there was an easy solution. Glad Amiga is here to help.

Good luck, Kanga. I hope your duck gets better!

Yours too!

I will be sure to post duck vacation pics
1f602.png
. Now my mom is at the er with a potential broken ankle. This is a doomed "vacation"!!

Yours too!

I will be sure to post duck vacation pics
1f602.png
. Now my mom is at the er with a potential broken ankle. This is a doomed "vacation"!!

Oh, buddy, this is going to be one for the books! "Remember the year mom broke her ankle and we took the ducks on vacation and they all spent alot of time together on the back porch?"

By the way - comfrey is really helpful for hurt ankles...just make a poultice.

Last edited:
Oh, buddy, this is going to be one for the books!  "Remember the year mom broke her ankle and we took the ducks on vacation and they all spent alot of time together on the back porch?"

By the way - comfrey is really helpful for hurt ankles...just make a poultice.

Sadly, this is a pretty standard gathering for my family.
1f602.png
It is fractured, and I do have some comfrey in the backyard. Good idea @Amiga! It will certainly be memorable!

Update: Fuzzy has laid the egg!! Continue antibiotics (3 doses in) and anti-inflammatory?

I would def say yes stay on this program this is what @Amiga did I believe. Awesome news @Kangasox At least something positive is happening . Hope your mom feels better too. Oh and my birds like to eat comfrey too. Hope you all have a great vacation ducks and all.
wink.png

I would def say yes stay on this program this is what @Amiga
did I believe.  Awesome news @Kangasox
   At least something positive is happening . Hope your mom feels better too. Oh and my birds like to eat comfrey too. Hope you all have a great vacation ducks and all. ;)

There's another lady up in the mountains (I got my first batch of hatching Anconas eggs from her) who specifically grows comfrey for her ducks. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to! Thanks for replying. My husband was trying to get out of taking her
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom