Egg bound vs internal laying? Help!

There's another lady up in the mountains (I got my first batch of hatching Anconas eggs from her) who specifically grows comfrey for her ducks. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to! Thanks for replying. My husband was trying to get out of taking her
1f609.png
There is probably alot of inflammation inside of her so you def want to keep her on the meds full term. I read an article some years back in Hobby Farms mag where they were specifically growing Comfrey for livestock feed.I don't know why hubby's are always so worried when we are the ones taking care of everything and doing all the work. lol

Stick with the anti inflammatory and antibiotics- we want to avoid infection!!
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

Miss Lydia wrote: "I don't know why hubby's are always so worried when we are the ones taking care of everything and doing all the work. lol"

All due respect to husbands everywhere, but in my situation, TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN! :lau

We grow comfrey here, it's in a patch just outside the Ducks' garden, and they reach through the fence (it's rabbit fence, the kind that has smaller openings down low and larger ones at the top) and harvest it for themselves. And I make a salve from it, and nibble it from time to time myself.

Last edited:

Circus is leaving town!
1f602.png

That is seriously true. I mean, my husband helps, but it's nowhere near 50/50 when it comes to some stuff.

My plan is to have the comfrey over there eventually @Amiga This year, I planted a border all the way around their pen of catnip and mint. I think it's really helped with the flies. I also planted a container garden of various herbs - thyme, oregano, Tulsi basil, rosemary, and a bunch of other stuff. The theory is that they will nibble as they feel what their bodies need, and it has been interesting to see them do it!

Circus is leaving town!
1f602.png

That is seriously true. I mean, my husband helps, but it's nowhere near 50/50 when it comes to some stuff.

My plan is to have the comfrey over there eventually @Amiga This year, I planted a border all the way around their pen of catnip and mint. I think it's really helped with the flies. I also planted a container garden of various herbs - thyme, oregano, Tulsi basil, rosemary, and a bunch of other stuff. The theory is that they will nibble as they feel what their bodies need, and it has been interesting to see them do it!
Somebody knows how to pack. Hope you all can have an enjoyable time and everyone heals up.
frow.gif

Oh dear! What a start!

At my sister's destination wedding, my mother tripped on a rock and fell face first into a rock wall. Broke both wrists, cut up her face, torso and knees. Spent the rehearsal dinner in the ER.

Wedding day (outdoor wedding, of course) dawned with gale force winds and hail. (In July!)

One of the food servers was drunk and kept dropping things and cursing.

Fun.

Enjoy your vacation!

Oh dear! What a start!

At my sister's destination wedding, my mother tripped on a rock and fell face first into a rock wall. Broke both wrists, cut up her face, torso and knees. Spent the rehearsal dinner in the ER.

Wedding day (outdoor wedding, of course) dawned with gale force winds and hail. (In July!)

Fun.

Enjoy your vacation!
Poor Mom.

But the rest is funny. From here anyway.
hide.gif

Oh dear! What a start!

Fun.

Enjoy your vacation!

Oh my! I'm glad to know those things don't just happen to my family.
1f601.png

What no update? how's mom and ducks and everyone else. :)

The trip was ok...family strife and 2 aging parents, but at least the ducks were well-behaved, much better than my dad
1f609.png
. On the way home to put them BACK OUT in the coop. We'll keep Fuzzy separated at night in a small wire crate just so we can keep track of her laying and dispose of any eggs until the abx are out of her system. It was certainly an adventure!

Back
Top Bottom