Egg bound!

Jparsons

Chirping
Dec 18, 2018
We have a duck that is currently, not eating or drinking. We thought she was egg bound and we went in and checked to see if we can feel an egg and we can't. Have tried warm baths and other options and nothing has worked. She usually doesn't let us catch her as easy and today I just picked her up without issue. What else could be the problem, and how else would we treat it?

She isn't do much of anything. Her poop we haven't seen much of it. What we have seen is in photo below. She won't even take peas which is her favorite thing.

Attachments

• received_803512430397288.jpeg
    received_803512430397288.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 4
Do you have her inside so you can keep close watch on her. She could have an egg stuck up further and you can’t feel it, could be an infection too. Do you have any calcium? Calcium gluconate is excellent for egg bound TSC carries it. Is a vet an option?

If it's an egg this should get it moving. It may not be but at least your helping as much as you can for now. keep her quite and warm but not too warm just comfortable. keep food and water close by and hopefully she'll at least drink.

We gave her the 1ML of calcium Gluconate and she
If it's an egg this should get it moving. It may not be but at least your helping as much as you can for now. keep her quite and warm but not too warm just comfortable. keep food and water close by and hopefully she'll at least drink.
We gave her the calcium Gluconate 1ML and she passed away very shortly after it.

Oh my gosh I am so sorry. Sad thing is they can be sick for quite a while before it shows and we notice it. You could get a necropsy done to find out what killed her. I am very sorry I wish we could have helped. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom