1. FLGardenguy

FLGardenguy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2010
    how long should i leave my girl in a tub of warm water for egg bound? thanks..rob

2. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    30 minutes is what I have read and used. I had a hard time keeping my girl's vent under the water, but it totally did the trick the two times that I had to do it!

3. FLGardenguy

FLGardenguy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2010
    I"ve put her in a storage tub in the shower tub..filled it up about 75%..put her in it...she kinda floats but she can stand up...she's not made a move...i covered her up with a towel and she seems to be meditating?..i did'nt feel an egg but she's walkiing around like she's got a brick in her britches and her stomach area feels kindof like a ballon..nothing hard..i gave her a poke and nothing obstucting her ductwork...this won't hurt her if it's not egg bound will it? Thanks for your help...Rob

4. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    Well, the good thing is that the bath won't do her any harm if she is not egg-bound... it sounds like your hen is kind of enjoying it! I had to hold my struggling girl down the whole time! Just keep her nice and warm when she gets out... I actually blow-dried mine. She liked that part! [​IMG]

I am hoping that she'll drop an egg soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by