Egg broken inside my hen??

Lol123

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2020
I Noticed earlier one of my girls was just standing in the corner of the garden with her head down, so i put her in a crate to keep an eye on her, her crop was very empty and she isnt eating, checked on her half an hour later and her poo looks like egg yolk?!? She seemed to have perked up a bit but not sure what to do!! Any advice will be appreciated

Attachments

• 20210408_163330.jpg
    20210408_163330.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Yes that looks to be a an egg that has broken inside her. Did you see any trace of a curled egg membrane? What are you feeding her? Layer feed or having crushed oyster shell to offer is best. I would give her a human calcium tablet with vitamin D3 and have her swallow it. Tums will work as well. Do that for the next 3 days or until she lays a hard shell egg. She could be suffering from a blip in her laying, but some hens will get problems inside their oviduct where the shell gland may not work properly. If an egg is especially large or shell-less, they can become egg bound, and feel lousy until after the egg comes out.

Yes that looks to be a an egg that has broken inside her. Did you see any trace of a curled egg membrane? What are you feeding her? Layer feed or having crushed oyster shell to offer is best. I would give her a human calcium tablet with vitamin D3 and have her swallow it. Tums will work as well. Do that for the next 3 days or until she lays a hard shell egg. She could be suffering from a blip in her laying, but some hens will get problems inside their oviduct where the shell gland may not work properly. If an egg is especially large or shell-less, they can become egg bound, and feel lousy until after the egg comes out.
Thanks for the reply! and yeh it looked like it and i feed her pellets and ive always just fed their egg shells back to them. Thank you ill give that a go and see how she is

Back
Top Bottom