Egg cartons

Ohmyheart

Songster
Mar 27, 2017
North Little Rock, AR
I'm having a hard time finding duck egg cartons. I ordered some off of Ebay as it said Duck,goose and turkey eggs. They are way too big for my duck eggs. I have large and extra large cartons in the house for my chickens eggs. But my Pekins eggs won't fit in those. She's only just starting and has laid over 3 oz eggs.

Everyone else's eggs will fit in my other cartons.

I saw both of those online. Amazon reviews say the one won't hold duck eggs. Do you have any experience?

I went to TSC as online says they have them in stock. Sadly they do not I guess someone walked off with the last one as the clerk said their records showed one left. It was nowhere to be found.

I need cartons that don't cost an arm and a leg for selling purposes. For me at home I don't care if the lid doesn't close right. I should have mentioned that in the OP.

I thought that egg cartons were going to be cheap if you bought in bulk. They are NOT! I just use chicken egg cartons and they don't close and if people don't like it too bad is my attitude!
i know the price is crazy. I bought a some off of Ebay for 9 bucks and they are huge. i thin I will keep them and just put a nice napkin in it to cradle the eggs a bit. If I run out I will just use the chicken egg cartons. I suspect my duck egg buyers will be the ones that already bring back my cartons. New Ppl I think I will use the chicken egg cartons in case I never see the new ones again.

When I use chicken cartons I put smaller eggs close to the hinge, and larger eggs on the outer row and usually can get them to close. :fl If I sell eggs, my carton cost factors into my price.
Yes this is something I was thinking too. i don't want to pay crazy money and have to charge crazy prices.

I'm already having trouble figuring out what to charge for duck eggs.
I sell my very large chicken eggs for 3$ and one of my customers told me I need to raise my prices lol.

Back
Top Bottom