Egg cartons

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ohmyheart, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:57 PM.

1. Ohmyheart

Ohmyheart Songster

Mar 27, 2017
    North Little Rock, AR
    I'm having a hard time finding duck egg cartons. I ordered some off of Ebay as it said Duck,goose and turkey eggs. They are way too big for my duck eggs. I have large and extra large cartons in the house for my chickens eggs. But my Pekins eggs won't fit in those. She's only just starting and has laid over 3 oz eggs.

Everyone else's eggs will fit in my other cartons.

quackiemama likes this.
  2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
  3. Ohmyheart

Ohmyheart Songster

Mar 27, 2017
    North Little Rock, AR
    I saw both of those online. Amazon reviews say the one won't hold duck eggs. Do you have any experience?

I went to TSC as online says they have them in stock. Sadly they do not I guess someone walked off with the last one as the clerk said their records showed one left. It was nowhere to be found.

I need cartons that don't cost an arm and a leg for selling purposes. For me at home I don't care if the lid doesn't close right. I should have mentioned that in the OP.

4. PirateGirl

Mar 11, 2017
    The one on amazon is the one I use at home for duck eggs and the lid does close.

DuckyDonna likes this.
  5. Ohmyheart

Ohmyheart Songster

Mar 27, 2017
    North Little Rock, AR
    Thank you, it's hard finding egg cartons that will hold a 3 in tall egg. Too bad that carton is a bit too expensive to be handing out.

6. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    I thought that egg cartons were going to be cheap if you bought in bulk. They are NOT! I just use chicken egg cartons and they don't close and if people don't like it too bad is my attitude!

7. PirateGirl

Mar 11, 2017
    When I use chicken cartons I put smaller eggs close to the hinge, and larger eggs on the outer row and usually can get them to close. :fl If I sell eggs, my carton cost factors into my price.

8. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    Me too!

quackiemama likes this.
  9. Ohmyheart

Ohmyheart Songster

Mar 27, 2017
    North Little Rock, AR
    i know the price is crazy. I bought a some off of Ebay for 9 bucks and they are huge. i thin I will keep them and just put a nice napkin in it to cradle the eggs a bit. If I run out I will just use the chicken egg cartons. I suspect my duck egg buyers will be the ones that already bring back my cartons. New Ppl I think I will use the chicken egg cartons in case I never see the new ones again.

10. Ohmyheart

Ohmyheart Songster

Mar 27, 2017
    North Little Rock, AR
    Yes this is something I was thinking too. i don't want to pay crazy money and have to charge crazy prices.

I'm already having trouble figuring out what to charge for duck eggs.
    I sell my very large chicken eggs for 3$ and one of my customers told me I need to raise my prices lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: