Egg Cartons

i sell eggs, and what i have regulars do is this: i have THEM have an empty carton or two ready, then i transfer MY eggs out of the carton i have, into their carton, they keep their cartons all the time, i just transfer eggs to them!
big_smile.png

Like the story of tje little red hen... I will give eggs to my family and friends who habe helped out amd they are saving cartons for me. Any surplus eggs I will sell and take 50 cents off the price if the customer brings their own carton.

found a site where you can get egg cartons by packs of 10 for 3.99.  free shipping for large quantity orders.  http://www.randallburkey.com/Egg-Cartons/departments/361/

Chica Lady

Just what I was looking for...still need to run the math and compare. My local Southern States sells plain gray paper cartons for like 35 cents each. TSC is 49 cents. I've had a few people give me cartons, but they seem to be those foam awful ones, which I don't like.

I really love the ones Murray McMurray has, clear plastic with beautiful labels, some ones you can break in 2 and sell a half dozen, but a dollar plus just for the egg carton was kind of expensive.

I need 60,000 new plain egg cartons. I know that's a bunch of them but that is what I need. Buying for an egg supplier in the Caribbean.

Last edited:
I wish I could take already printed cartons from friends/family, but our city is strict about labeling of egg cartons for eggs sold at the farmers market. I need blank cartons so I can put my label on them, describe them as ungraded eggs, and leave the size blank (ours definitely aren't large eggs!). They must be new or reused only by original packager. It's annoying, but its the rules!

Needing advice!
I'd like to offer seven 18-count gently used egg cartons as a swap (in the Social Forum). But, even if I stack them, they would take a rather large box. I'm afraid the shipping cost would be more than a single swap is even worth! I have plently of once-used boxes and packing materials to reuse. 

Any suggestions on keeping the cost down?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom