egg cartons

Tractor Supply (TSC) sells them if you are needing new cartons. Me, I put out the words to family and friends and have been inundated ever since by well-meaning people thrilled that they are participating in recycling their cartons. The reality is, I now have more than I could ever possibly use....

I bought some from Jeffers supply - they even have room to put your farm logo or whatever on the top if you like to get creative like me when you give eggs away! They are like 10 cartons for $5 or something - pricey, but fun for those who sell their own.

Unless you want brand new cartons for your own personal reasons, you can get FREE egg cartons from family, friends, co-workers, Craigslist, Freecycle, etc. Just place on ad out there and you will be surprised as what you may get for free.

I have been selling eggs for many years and have not spent one penny on egg cartons. I have a supply of anywhere from 300 - 500 egg cartons in the garage from people who recycle. If you were close to me, I could give you about 100 egg cartons every month.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

If you want new cartons, you can shop for deals online at places like eggcartons.com. Keep checking back because occasionally they have fantastic deals - but you have to look for them. Just Google "egg cartons."

If you are ok with used, go to the Wonderscope Childrens Museum in Shawnee. They have a recycled materials store there. The egg cartons are 5 cents each. i was there today and got a bunch of clear plastic ones.

Farmtek.com has cartons but its more for farming business. You have to buy bulk. Eggcarton.com sells smaller amounts for a penny or two more, so its more manageable. Farmtek has good prices but you'll get killed with shipping. When I give eggs away, I tell people they have to return the cartons if they want more. The ones you can buy at Tractor Supply are much sturdier than the ones you get from grocery store eggs.

Back
Top Bottom