1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

egg cartons

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kcbrowneggs, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kcbrowneggs

kcbrowneggs New Egg

Nov 12, 2011
    I live in Kansas City. Does anyone know where I can buy egg cartons?

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Tractor Supply (TSC) sells them if you are needing new cartons. Me, I put out the words to family and friends and have been inundated ever since by well-meaning people thrilled that they are participating in recycling their cartons. The reality is, I now have more than I could ever possibly use....

3. Chicky-dees

Chicky-dees Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    I bought some from Jeffers supply - they even have room to put your farm logo or whatever on the top if you like to get creative like me when you give eggs away! They are like 10 cartons for $5 or something - pricey, but fun for those who sell their own.

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Unless you want brand new cartons for your own personal reasons, you can get FREE egg cartons from family, friends, co-workers, Craigslist, Freecycle, etc. Just place on ad out there and you will be surprised as what you may get for free.

I have been selling eggs for many years and have not spent one penny on egg cartons. I have a supply of anywhere from 300 - 500 egg cartons in the garage from people who recycle. If you were close to me, I could give you about 100 egg cartons every month.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

5. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    If you want new cartons, you can shop for deals online at places like eggcartons.com. Keep checking back because occasionally they have fantastic deals - but you have to look for them. Just Google "egg cartons."

6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:Same here ~ I just had the sister of a neighbor stop by and drop off about 50 egg cartons this weekend ~ I only sell about 6 dozen a week!

7. kara_leigh

kara_leigh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Bradleyville, MO
    I just got 30 cartons off Craigslist for $2. I just asked for clean cartons in good shape. We also got a ton from family and friends.

8. bucyrus

bucyrus New Egg

Jun 12, 2011
    If you are ok with used, go to the Wonderscope Childrens Museum in Shawnee. They have a recycled materials store there. The egg cartons are 5 cents each. i was there today and got a bunch of clear plastic ones.

9. Irish Luck

Irish Luck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Farmtek.com has cartons but its more for farming business. You have to buy bulk. Eggcarton.com sells smaller amounts for a penny or two more, so its more manageable. Farmtek has good prices but you'll get killed with shipping. When I give eggs away, I tell people they have to return the cartons if they want more. The ones you can buy at Tractor Supply are much sturdier than the ones you get from grocery store eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by