Egg Cartons

chicken gal

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 10, 2012
I'd really like some help if any body knows a good place to buy egg cartons. My chicken just started laying yesterday!!!

Last edited:
Between Craig's List and my local freecycle, I picked up nearly 100 egg cartons for free. Of course, they have the original labels on them, but I've found folks don't much care :)

Also I have heard of some people giving a discount for returning/providing a replacement carton or charging more if they need a carton.....
I give a 50cent discount on a carton if you return my boxes with my stamp on them and always will take store boxes if they bring them. If they are a regular customer with a bunch of store boxes I will take 50 off as well. New customers I will always give them my box and tell them to bring it back and get a discount. Not only do I get the box back I get the customer back as well. In Mass it is against the law to reuse store boxes for a couple of different reasons, contamination being the most important but that doesn't stop people from selling or buying them.

I give a 50cent discount on a carton if you return my boxes with my stamp on them and always will take store boxes if they bring them. If they are a regular customer with a bunch of store boxes I will take 50 off as well. New customers I will always give them my box and tell them to bring it back and get a discount. Not only do I get the box back I get the customer back as well. In Mass it is against the law to reuse store boxes for a couple of different reasons, contamination being the most important but that doesn't stop people from selling or buying them.

If that where the case where I live if they never had "my" carton and brought one of their store bought ones I'd have a wicker or plastic basket nailed to a porch or sidewalk rail and put a dozen eggs there for them and charge them 50 cents less. If I turn my back and leave and they put the eggs they got from me into someone else's carton how am I to know???

Back
Top Bottom