1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg Cartons

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chicken gal, Nov 10, 2012.

1. chicken gal

chicken gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2012
    I'd really like some help if any body knows a good place to buy egg cartons. My chicken just started laying yesterday!!!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    You can post on Craigslist for FREE egg cartons. If not, you may want to try eggcartons.com, amazon or e-bay. How many do you need?

3. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    I get mine at my local blue seal....

4. mickey328

mickey328 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    Between Craig's List and my local freecycle, I picked up nearly 100 egg cartons for free. Of course, they have the original labels on them, but I've found folks don't much care :)

5. dam danny

dam danny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    sylvester georgia
    try just telling some frends can you save them for me in some of the catalogs that you can get for free you can get clear one`s but you are add to your profit

6. chicken gal

Nov 10, 2012
    I'll look into that. Thanks!!!

7. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Also I have heard of some people giving a discount for returning/providing a replacement carton or charging more if they need a carton.....

8. chicken gal

Nov 10, 2012
    I'll try that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    I give a 50cent discount on a carton if you return my boxes with my stamp on them and always will take store boxes if they bring them. If they are a regular customer with a bunch of store boxes I will take 50 off as well. New customers I will always give them my box and tell them to bring it back and get a discount. Not only do I get the box back I get the customer back as well. In Mass it is against the law to reuse store boxes for a couple of different reasons, contamination being the most important but that doesn't stop people from selling or buying them.

10. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

If that where the case where I live if they never had "my" carton and brought one of their store bought ones I'd have a wicker or plastic basket nailed to a porch or sidewalk rail and put a dozen eggs there for them and charge them 50 cents less. If I turn my back and leave and they put the eggs they got from me into someone else's carton how am I to know???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by