Egg Cartons

Duckinnut, if ur demand exceeds ur supply , then what do u charge? Have u considered raising ur price 50cents?? Also how many hens u got?? And are ur eggs paying off ur food costs??

I get $4 a dozen. Often times people will give me $5 and say keep the change. While at this point the girls are in the midst of molt and numbers are dreadful, but at times of full production they still can't keep up. Currently have 19 layers which consists of 5 pullets, 5 at a year and a half and 9 at two and a half. Oh yeah and slightly crazy rooster, while his technique with the ladies is questionable, he keeps a good eye on them and keeps order amongst the ladies. Granted slow down from many factors are part of the deal(molt, age, decreasing daylight) but under normal conditions the girls earn their keep and more than pay for food and any extra I put back into it as capital improvements. That being said, the thought of raising the price has crossed my mind due to rising feed costs and the older girls not laying as many but sure lay some whoppers. My eggs are sold "pot luck", you get what you get. Sometimes a lot of mediums and sometimes mostly x-large to jumbos and those occasional EXTRA JUMBO's

Back
Top Bottom