Egg collection helper

Downshifting

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 16, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I wish I had my camera with me to capture the guilty look on my rottweiler's face this morning. I was collecting eggs and had set one down while I closed everything back up. When I went to pick it up...it was gone! Sure enough when I found the rottie...she had that tell-tale guilty look on her face and a slober-covered egg in her mouth...undamaged. Animals are so funny!

lol.png
My boxer is the same way, except she eats them! If I don't watch an egg when I set it down the cow eats it in a heartbeat!

This was the first one she's stolen and I suspect the only reason she hadn't eaten it was she hadn't yet had time to figure out how to crack it!

i buried some rotten meat in my back yard right before thanksgiving...

neighbor's dog dug it up and ate it. Probably 3 pounds of it...

Now that's a present I'm glad I didn't get lols.

My Cairn Terrier, Herbie, will actually bring them to the back door and lay them down. He taught himself to do this. He's my little helper.

When we had a small backyard coop in Texas, our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel would always go with my wife while she picked eggs. After a while he just started doing it on his own. We would be sitting in the living room in the evening and he would head out the doggy door, go into the coop and pick up an egg, bring it back and gently place it at my wife's feet.

The rottie is obsessed with the eggs now. Last night she went and got one off the counter and was carrying it around in her mouth. I thought she had a cat toy...until I managed to extract the slobbery egg from her mouth.

Back
Top Bottom