Egg color question

Sdonz1

Chirping
Mar 29, 2019
Hi I have three Easter egger bantams and I was wondering what color you would call these eggs. In a few weeks I'm purchasing silked Easter eggers because I was hoping for a blue egg. I was wondering if their eggs are more defined as blue than this? Thanks! Any other breeds you can suggest for color such as pink or other fun colors would be great! : ) Skyr

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_100400.jpg
    IMG_20220402_100400.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 31
Those look like blue eggs to me! The color is more striking when they are sitting next to white or brown eggs which makes them stand out more. Olive eggers lay greenish eggs, black copper marans lay darker brown eggs which are pretty, welsummers lay brown speckled eggs which is fun as well.
Any suggestions for pink : )

Pretty eggs! Unfortunately with Easter eggers you never know what you’ll get, hence the name. You could get some that lay pale blue eggs like yours, others that lay quite dark blue eggs, ones that lay green eggs, and ones that lay pinkish colored eggs. If you want very large, vibrant green or blue eggs, I would suggest trying whiting true greens and whiting true blues.

X2
I’ve had some buff orpingtons and barred rocks that lay pinkish colored eggs, but it’s not exactly a true breeding trait.
I've had the heavy bloom trait passed down through generations.

I believe @gimmie birdies , is working on grey Eggers, which are chickens that lay an olive egg with a heavy bloom.

Pretty eggs! Unfortunately with Easter eggers you never know what you’ll get, hence the name. You could get some that lay pale blue eggs like yours, others that lay quite dark blue eggs, ones that lay green eggs, and ones that lay pinkish colored eggs. If you want very large, vibrant green or blue eggs, I would suggest trying whiting true greens and whiting true blues.
Do you think I'm going to get this scene color as this with silk Easter eggers? I didn't get my chicks in yet so maybe I can switch.

I've had the heavy bloom trait passed down through generations.

I believe @gimmie birdies , is working on grey Eggers, which are chickens that lay an olive egg with a heavy bloom.
Yes, sorry for the confusion. To clarify, I didn’t mean that it couldn’t be genetically passed down, but that it wasn’t a selected breed trait for orpingtons and Plymouth rocks, so not every one you buy will lay pink tinted eggs.

Back
Top Bottom