Egg cracked!!

caweeleilsax

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2018
So my hen laid 1 egg an stole 2 from the other hen who isn't broody.the eggs are already formin into chicks. I went out there an 1 is slightly cracked!! What do I do? Will it survive? The crack isn't that deep the film wasn't broken. Smh I was really looking forward to the three chicks!!!! Please help me!!

How long has she been setting on them? Have you candled them? Please read "hatching eggs 101" in the learning center to gain information about embryo development, how to candle an egg, and how to manage a cracked egg.

How long has she been setting on them? Have you candled them? Please read "hatching eggs 101" in the learning center to gain information about embryo development, how to candle an egg, and how to manage a cracked egg.
Yes I candled them the embryo is there it's been 8-10 days. She still sitting on them.it just happened last night or early this morning because I checked on her and eggs around 2am this morning.they we're fine!I'm really worried though.

I have the same issue but my crack is super fine. I heard you can use plain no smell candle wax to seal it as long as it's not near the air cell. someone has tried liquid banadge stuff like what drs and stuff use. some place I read on tried clear packing tape. and another place said they had a super fine crack they just left it alone and nothing happend to the chick inside and it hatched out fine. how true the last on is I have no clue. but a lot of people seem to u candle wax.. my try a kids crayon and melt it on there.

I have the same issue but my crack is super fine. I heard you can use plain no smell candle wax to seal it as long as it's not near the air cell. someone has tried liquid banadge stuff like what drs and stuff use. some place I read on tried clear packing tape. and another place said they had a super fine crack they just left it alone and nothing happend to the chick inside and it hatched out fine. how true the last on is I have no clue. but a lot of people seem to u candle wax.. my try a kids crayon and melt it on there.
Thank you so much!! I YouTubed and uncle goat said to use candle wax. I did hopefully it'll be ok.

Back
Top Bottom