Egg Development

Guinealand

Chirping
Sep 30, 2019
I have several eggs left in my incubator that look like this one. Does it look like it is still viable or not?

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_214014.jpg
    IMG_20200606_214014.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200606_214103.jpg
    IMG_20200606_214103.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 6
I have several eggs left in my incubator that look like this one. Does it look like it is still viable or not?
Looks like I might see an intact vein in the first pic; not sure what’s up with the second pic. Veins break down if the embryo dies. Is there a possibility that some eggs are younger than the rest? If it was partially brooded by a guineas, they can do some odd things with incubation and with other hens laying in her nest, giving you a staggered hatch. If so, I’d give it awhile. The first pic looks like it could be about a week from hatching...

Looks like I might see an intact vein in the first pic; not sure what’s up with the second pic. Veins break down if the embryo dies. Is there a possibility that some eggs are younger than the rest? If it was partially brooded by a guineas, they can do some odd things with incubation and with other hens laying in her nest, giving you a staggered hatch. If so, I’d give it awhile. The first pic looks like it could be about a week from hatching...
The second picture is the opposite end of the air cell. There is a chance it was a younger egg. I will let them go a while longer.

Back
Top Bottom