Egg explodes with fully developed rotten chick at 7 days of incubation

hoosierhens101

Songster
5 Years
Jan 11, 2018
Central Indiana
I ordered a dozen shipped hatching eggs knowing the risks of hatching shipped eggs . I was not expecting an egg to explode on day 7 with an almost fully formed dead rotten chick inside. I opened another one and found a fully formed dead chick inside. These are very endangered mottled java eggs. I told the breeder of the terrible error. I only requested a new fresh batch of eggs. Has anyone else experienced this with a reputable conservatory listed breeder? They are refusing to send a fresh dozen. Pictures are graphic

Attachments

• 20190926_031616.jpg
    20190926_031616.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 54
  • 20190926_183809.jpg
    20190926_183809.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 27
Wow how unfortunate. :( If the person selling those eggs would have candled them first those babies wouldn't have had to die. Also she must not collect fresh eggs every day which will mess with your hatching success as well. :barnie

I ordered a dozen shipped hatching eggs knowing the risks of hatching shipped eggs . I was not expecting an egg to explode on day 7 with an almost fully formed dead rotten chick inside. I opened another one and found a fully formed dead chick inside. These are very endangered mottled java eggs. I told the breeder of the terrible error. I only requested a new fresh batch of eggs. Has anyone else experienced this with a reputable conservatory listed breeder? They are refusing to send a fresh dozen. Pictures are graphic
Yikes! This would traumatize me!

Back
Top Bottom