EGG HANGING OUTSIDE VENT!!!

Okay so just an update. She is still doing good, being in the dark during the day and letting her out around 5pm everyday to free range and play with the other birds and then go in a roost with them during the night. I think that has helped keep her spirits up. I think she is feeling much better now and has caught on to being taken away from her buddies and put into a dark room alone every morning as she now gives a few squawks and wing flaps in protest the poor thing lol. Today is day 7 and the last day of being kept in the dark. Tomorrow she will stay out all day with the others and we will see how she goes from there. I really hope the next egg she lays does not do the same thing
fl.gif

So today she was out all day with the others and I think she might have laid and egg. It loos similar to the egg she tried to lay and was not in the nesting boxes where all the girls who are laying go but was in a little hole she had dug out next to the nesting boxes. Time will tell but I think this is her egg and if it is I am so happy lol! hopefully I will catch her in the act soon enough and confirm my thoughts :)

So today she was out all day with the others and I think she might have laid and egg. It loos similar to the egg she tried to lay and was not in the nesting boxes where all the girls who are laying go but was in a little hole she had dug out next to the nesting boxes. Time will tell but I think this is her egg and if it is I am so happy lol! hopefully I will catch her in the act soon enough and confirm my thoughts :)
I am so happy to hear that! I've been watching and waiting to hear how she's doing. Way to go chicken doc. You're braver than I am!

Back
Top Bottom