Egg has oddity inside

SokeyDokey

Chirping
Jul 16, 2021
A while back i posted about my hen, Blanche, who was looking pretty sick. I got some wonderful advice and she made a full recovery. So much so that she has even started laying again. She hasn’t produced any eggs since January or so. So I broke open the egg to see if it was ok. It isn’t. It has two specks of something. One looks like poop and the other looks like a clot. Anyone know what this means?
4DFBE632-23F4-4BBF-89B7-4A9FB0A2DC7C.jpeg
1C9C064A-E1E1-4B4C-9650-CA46AAD82805.jpeg

It just looks like a meat spot to me.

Is the hen acting fine still? How do you know it's from her?
It’s greenish in color. What is a meat spot? I know it’s her egg because she’s the only one I have that lays that color shell (olive) She’s doing amazing. She was bitten by a mink back in January and stopped laying. She recovered but never laid. Then she got sick again with a mystery illness. I nursed her back with great advice from the forum and now she’s active, eyes bright, waddle and crest bright red and eating and drinking well. She’s my miracle girl. Then 3 days ago she laid an egg. It had the same thing inside. Then today another egg that is the same. No eggs in between.

It’s greenish in color. What is a meat spot? I know it’s her egg because she’s the only one I have that lays that color shell (olive) She’s doing amazing. She was bitten by a mink back in January and stopped laying. She recovered but never laid. Then she got sick again with a mystery illness. I nursed her back with great advice from the forum and now she’s active, eyes bright, waddle and crest bright red and eating and drinking well. She’s my miracle girl. Then 3 days ago she laid an egg. It had the same thing inside. Then today another egg that is the same. No eggs in between.
A meat spot is (I think) a bit of tissue shed from the lining of the oviduct. My eggs sometimes have them, and I don't worry about it and eat them. If they're super large, I pick them out. They're totally normal and harmless from what I know.
I don't know why it's green, but I've heard that sometimes that happens.

Back
Top Bottom