egg has spots visible from outside

arinann

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2016
Hi all
I am new at this, so sorry for newbie questions, but I have a small green egg that we have in the incubator. I don't really know what type of chicken eggs we have as a bought a small first batch (9 fertilized eggs) from a farm store to see how this process goes. Anyways this small green egg when I candled it appeared to be mostly tiny spots. I read that could be bacterial growth. I can now start to see tiny spots from the outside as well. Should I assume it's bad and toss? I am scared to candle again, I did it twice and injured two eggs doing it, killing the chick (turned out both eggs I hurt were good ones, I felt awful). I am just clumsy. So I am scared to candle. Any help or ideas? Thanks :(

Hi all
I am new at this, so sorry for newbie questions, but I have a small green egg that we have in the incubator. I don't really know what type of chicken eggs we have as a bought a small first batch (9 fertilized eggs) from a farm store to see how this process goes. Anyways this small green egg when I candled it appeared to be mostly tiny spots. I read that could be bacterial growth. I can now start to see tiny spots from the outside as well. Should I assume it's bad and toss? I am scared to candle again, I did it twice and injured two eggs doing it, killing the chick (turned out both eggs I hurt were good ones, I felt awful). I am just clumsy. So I am scared to candle. Any help or ideas? Thanks :(
Unless you drop your eggs or keep them out until they are cold all the way through, or are handling the eggs with filthy dirty hands, candling does not hurt them. I candle everyday.

It's possible there's bacterial growth, but without seeing what you are talking about, it's hard to help.

Back
Top Bottom