Egg hatchig Help Needed

isela11

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2023
Hey there im new here and new to hatching chick eggs :) unforuntaly i think i made a mistake by "helping" an egg to hatch it was chriping and had a peep hole i thought it needed help so i peeled some of the egg shell a little blood was coming out nownim reading its really bad and it could die but i really need help can yall give me suggestions please and thank you

Attachments

• 20230206_020418.jpg
    20230206_020418.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 12
Hey there im new here and new to hatching chick eggs :) unforuntaly i think i made a mistake by "helping" an egg to hatch it was chriping and had a peep hole i thought it needed help so i peeled some of the egg shell a little blood was coming out nownim reading its really bad and it could die but i really need help can yall give me suggestions please and thank you
Put flour on it it will help stop the bleeding

I always mark the air sac on last candling so I know where the safe zone is. When helping, you want to make sure the chick can breath and rotate. The rotation helps the umbilical cord pull off properly after the workout gets blood pumping and absorbed. Try and help in the regular zipping area to allow the chick to pop the top off the shell. Bigger holes tend to cause problems. Hopefully this little one got out OK.

Welcome to BYC!!

I tell others, Peeping doesn't mean it needs help, and a pip can take 24 hrs to become a zip. The chick during pip still has to absorb contents within the egg. It is peeping because it is happy, and oxygen helps the contents finish absorbing. 21 days, and sit on hands.

If it needs help. Stop if there is blood dab with flour.

Back
Top Bottom