Egg hatching issue

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
I’ve been having a issue recently when my poults pip the shell it looks like yellow great stuff foam surrounding their beak and they’re suffocating and dying. I’ve hatched out a lot of turkeys and never had this problem other than the last 2 batches. I have a humidikit hooked to the incubator put all my extra hygrometer thermometer in there all the readings are spot on. Should I just pull the kit and add water like I always did or is this a different issue.

I’ve been having a issue recently when my poults pip the shell it looks like yellow great stuff foam surrounding their beak and they’re suffocating and dying. I’ve hatched out a lot of turkeys and never had this problem other than the last 2 batches. I have a humidikit hooked to the incubator put all my extra hygrometer thermometer in there all the readings are spot on. Should I just pull the kit and add water like I always did or is this a different issue.
Have you checked the air cell development?

What are you keeping the humidity level at and did you salt test a humidity gauge?

Have you checked the air cell development?
Yeah the air cells look to be right. I had this humidikit keeping humidity at 40% during the whole time when usually I just dry hatch and let the humidity flux day to day. I have 21 eggs set to hatch and so far 3 hatched and 4 have dried up.

What are you keeping the humidity level at and did you salt test a humidity gauge?
Yeah all my govees are tested before I lockdown and I test them when I’m not using them to make sure if one goes out I can put a new working one in. For my turkeys I run my humidity at 60 up to 70

Back
Top Bottom