Egg hoarding duck! Requested pic of Mallard/Pekin cross pg 3

Our Pekin female and Rouen female do the same things! You have to dig around to find them!! I guess they don't want the chickens to eat them after they have been laid. We don't eat the duck eggs, so we throw them into the feed and everyone has a field day eating them=]

Quote:
I have eggs on my dresser too!!!!!
gig.gif

Some of our Muscovies are laying again as well, I found a bunch of eggs under the chicken house yesterday. no no no ducklings this time of year.

Steve in NC

Same here.
roll.png
And they keep looking for new places to hide their nest sites since I'm collecting their eggs. It's getting COLD out here! What DO those girls think they are doing? Goofy ducks!!​

We had the top of a litter box sitting by the hose for cleaning. One day I picked it up and found my runner Chrissy under there with an egg...LOL

Apparently runners can low-crawl
tongue.png

mine just walk around laughing....I love to hear the 'quack'...sounds like a hoarse laugh! Makes me smile everytime!
I'm anxiously awaiting the 1st duck eggs!

Well I guess I really upset her! I went out to confiscate those eggs because tomorrow is trash day and they are all gone!! I've seen Hershey move her eggs around so I guess Quack is doing the same thing.

my indoor ducks live in 4X6 pen, and i had an egg go missing recently... lol. they must have eaten it or pushed it back in... they always get soooooo mad at us when we take their eggs....

Back
Top Bottom