EGG in my BRA is CHEEPING!!!!! Pic Update post #126

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrshollywood, May 31, 2011.

1. Mrshollywood

Mrshollywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA
    OK I know this is the only place I could post this and share what is going on at my house the last 24 hours!

I had 5 eggs under my first time broody hen Jill and after 4 hatched she was off the nest and tending to them. I felt bad for the left over egg since it was cold. It was one that I could see in and there is a chick in it. I put it in my bra all day yesterday to keep it warm. Then put it out under her last night while she was sleeping. In the morning she was off the nest again with chicks and the egg had pipped over night!!!!!

So..... I put it back in my bra and off to work I went [​IMG] About an hour ago it started CHEEPING!!!!! It is alive and I can see it in the little hole moving around! I hope it is ok the rest of the work day and then I can sneak it back under her tonight to finish hatching!!

Has anyone ever done with before, or have I completely lost my mind LOL!!!!!
    I just couldn't let it die since it was a day behind the others!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    That is the best story EVER. I've never done that! How did you keep from smooshing it? With my luck, I would have forgotten was there. [​IMG]

3. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    I've heard of people doing this. You guys are amazing. Hope all goes well (and that someone with actual experience will give you greater insight).

[​IMG]

4. llaaadyel

llaaadyel Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    This is absolutely the best story of the day. Please please keep us up to date on this one and pics when he/she hatches.

5. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    I'd give you a hug for doing what you've done but I wouldn't want to risk smashing the egg! [​IMG]

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    now if I did that everyone would look at me like I was insane

not too many guys wear bras

7. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Pics please...

Good for you... you saved that baby... and I hope mommy is happy when it hatches out tonight.

Best of luck and keep us informed.

D

8. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    There was a lady on here that had done it too and hatched the chick successfully - the name she gave it was great - it is possible - hopefully she will see this and help you -

10. Sheepy

Sheepy Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by