Egg intolerance

Quatie

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2020
Northern California
I have been trying to find some information online and have found nothing so far. We found out my husband has an intolerance to duck eggs. We also have some muscovy, which I understand are more geese than ducks. Does anyone know if you have an intolerance for duck eggs will you also be intolerant to geese or muscovy eggs too? Everything that I have read is an intolerance for one specie does not mean an intolerance for another. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

Be very careful. Intolerance can lead to allergy which can result in anaphylaxis which can result in death. If you are intolerant then you should be checked by an allergist who can test to see if you only have a mild allergy/intolerance and what substances to avoid. I say this because my wife developed a severe allergy to eggs of all varieties. I get all the eggs from my flock! LOL

Was able to figure it out on my own. Ducks and geese are closely related and have very similar protein composition in their eggs. So if you cant digest ducks, goose eggs will likely be a problem too.

Back
Top Bottom