egg is stuck inside skin and is hanging on the hens bottom

here is a pic of what i just set up for rosey in my bathroom
87967_home_003.jpg

I think the poo looked normal. Didnt see any blood or strange stuff. Just my opinion though. Someone else might see something different.

The little "sick room" you made her looks great! It looks like she likes it too!
Keep the chick starter available to her. If you see she isnt drinking enough you can add some water to the chick starter and make a mash.

That looks like a good healthy chicken poop! Despite the build up around her vent, it doesn't appear to be blocking her poop. Some clear liquid with the poop is not necessarily unusual.

That looks like a nice sized set up for Rosey. I have learned through experience that the chicken poop can soak through news paper pretty fast. If you haven't layered something under the newspaper, your big box will get damp on the bottom. You might also want to prevent spillage from the waterer. One of the best things that I have used is a cut down half gallon or gallon plastic jug. Leave the handle on it and cut out the rest to form a bowl. Then anchor the jug handle to the side of the enclosure. I would cut a couple of little holes and feed a long twistie-tie through. The other option is to put some sort of plate under the waterer, but I didn't find that this worked as well. I guess I have been frustrated too many times by waterers got knocked over and soaked everything.

Nice work with the roost.

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

i want to try to get a little off.

If she's passing poop then her vent isn't blocked. If her vent isn't blocked don't pick at it.​

Puppy pee pads might work well for your little set up. You can buy them for around $12 for a pack of 50 of them at walmart. They absorb moisture and don't allow it to soak through the bottom, so would keep your box dry.

Quote:
If she's passing poop then her vent isn't blocked. If her vent isn't blocked don't pick at it.

she does make a grunting noise when she poops. so you dont think its blocked? but why is the poop there stuck?

Back
Top Bottom