egg is stuck inside skin and is hanging on the hens bottom

I am celebrating with you... It is so nice to read a positive story about someone who genuinely cares about their pets. Thank you for sharing all of this with us!

hugs.gif

I so happy to read that Rosey is laying and her insides are staying in! I have been away for a while, so it was nice to find the good news when I checked back. It must be such a relief for you!

The plan to gradually get her back to her regular chicken schedule, as mentioned, sounds like a good one.

Quote:
thats whats in the back of my mind. i think i will but slowly start creeping the minutes down. thanks to all my buddies on here!

That was my thought as well. Even though restricting her daylight hours may not be doing anything to stop her lay, that's something we don't know for sure and like bustermommy said, it's working.

SOOOO glad to see Rosie doing well!

ok i have something i have to do in the morning i will be leaving around 7:45 or 8 am. rosey usually lays around 8 or 9. i wont be here at those times and wont be back til round 12 probably. should i leave her outside so when she gets ready to lay she will be able to get in the nest box or should i bring her in a hope she doesnt get stressed in the box about laying? i am thinking i just need to leave her outside. what do yall think? i dont want her to get upset if she doesnt have the nest box.

Back
Top Bottom