Egg laid?

Just to add my experience, my girls don't poop or bother their nesting boxes, that is until their molt. One of my best girls is pooping in the nest box now, very often, and she's in full on heavy molt. That certainly doesn't mean it's not yolk, please don't think I'm saying that. If they're acting normal and their vents are normal, that's definitely a good sign, regarding any egg laying issues

Wait- a respiratory problem? That can play out a lot of different ways. Was she laying normally before the moult?
yes she was... she hasn’t gotten worse or better with the respiratory problem But she still was able to lay normal eggs.

Can you take a white tissue and get it up with that to see an actual color?
It’s night where i live So i cant right now but i do remember that i tried to separate the hay it was on and it was too slimy.
To be honest now that i think about it... i just left the hay pile on the ground and i think I saw One of my chickens eating it...

Just to add my experience, my girls don't poop or bother their nesting boxes, that is until their molt. One of my best girls is pooping in the nest box now, very often, and she's in full on heavy molt. That certainly doesn't mean it's not yolk, please don't think I'm saying that. If they're acting normal and their vents are normal, that's definitely a good sign, regarding any egg laying issues
I would like to mention that two of my older girls have been sleeping in the nesting boxes and the one that might’ve been in that box is currently being tube fed... i did check her butt feathers and i dont remember seeing anything gooey.. it was normal

I’m not sure but i did try to smell it but all i smelled was the hay
Well, I can smell it, doesn't mean everyone can,

it was too slimy
but the slimy is a good indication of egg white.

Can you take a white tissue and get it up with that to see an actual color?
Good idea for the future.

i just left the hay pile on the ground and i think I saw One of my chickens eating it...
Best to keep that away from them, you don't want them eating too much of the hay. I toss broken egg messed nest bedding in the garden or trash can.

she hasn’t gotten worse or better with the respiratory problem
is currently being tube fed
Same bird?

Here are things you may not know.

It's possible to lay an egg during molt, but it may be very poor quality.
It's possible to find poop in nest boxes for any number of reasons.
It's possible to find something resembling egg white in a nest and it's really just mucous poop.

Tomorrow, watch all the hens carefully as they begin their day. Look for any that are lingering behind in the coop. Look for any that may be self isolating in the run away from the others. Look for any that are hunched and fluffed up and don't move quickly when you touch them.

If you see one with any of those signs, that may be the one who left the mucous in the nest. Take her up and bring her in for further observation.

Thank you for that! Yes... i only left it on the ground for a second before they started eating it so picked it up..
and not same bird: the one with respiratory is the one who is laying who is three years Old; the one who is being tube fed occasionally sleeps in the egg laying box that had the ”Thing” In it.

Back
Top Bottom