Egg Laying Cam - wireless video streaming or still-shot motion sensor?

Gargoyle: Thank you! I will be sure to, and thank you for the forum link.

KDK1: I didn't purchase the remote setup, but I did buy directly from Foscam.

I am not too tech savvy LOL, I will probably need all the help I can get!
You really don't have to purchase the remote set-up. When you get the cam, just call them for set-up assistance and they will ask you if you mind if they take over your computer. They have set mine up twice (second time was because I screwed things up) and I never purchased the remote set-up. They are more than happy to do so without charge. The tech will ask you to send in a good review on their behalf.

Last edited:
My log shows a couple of guests logged in and I just noticed that when more than one person is viewing, the stream gets a little herky-jerky.

My log shows a couple of guests logged in and I just noticed that when more than one person is viewing, the stream gets a little herky-jerky.

Hi. I'm one of the guests logged in
smile.png
. So it's not normal for the picture to appear more like a series of still pics?

I have the Foscam FI8919W. The motion detection is pretty sensitive, though I know you can set it for your needs. It also has infrared for night vision and two way audio. Less than $100. You can view mine at http://98.197.11.59:8090 Sign in as "guest" The password is "password". (you'll have to do this twice). If you're using IE, click on first log-in button, any other browser... Safari, Google Chrome, AOL,etc., click on second log-in button. Click on "live video" Also, If using IE, you must have Active X installed and operating.
Oh yeah... it has pan and tilt too! You can follow the action from your computer. I can see every square inch of my coop form any computer or my iPhone.
This is BEYOND way too cool!

I tried to login with IE and it didn't want to work. So then I tried Chrome. I can see a chicken sleeping but when I try to move around it continues to ask me name/password over and over. Is this still live? can I log in and look around.

Do you have an entire computer in there or just a wireless cam? How far does it send the wireless?

I was just searching BYC for something like this for my coop so I can watch my 5 hens.

Hope to hear back from you soon KDK1

Last edited:
This is BEYOND way too cool!

I tried to login with IE and it didn't want to work. So then I tried Chrome. I can see a chicken sleeping but when I try to move around it continues to ask me name/password over and over. Is this still live? can I log in and look around.

Do you have an entire computer in there or just a wireless cam? How far does it send the wireless?

I was just searching BYC for something like this for my coop so I can watch my 5 hens.

Hope to hear back from you soon KDK1
A guest cannot control the pan and tilt feature, only operator or admin. I hope you understand why I can't give out that info. If I had more than one person trying to control it, it would be going haywire. Yes, it is still live. It's only the cam in the coop and right now it's shooting about 60ft to the router in the house through only one wall. It will shoot farther but the images get 'jumpy' if you try to go too far. I love it. I use it to keep an eye on things when we go on vacation to TN, AL and FL every year.

Thank you for the fast reply! I see that you moved the camera and I can see about 10 sleeping chickens now.

I searched the internet and I see that Staples has a Dlink camera with night vision for $79.99. I might pick that up and see how it works.

This has me so geeked. I want to install it tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Thank you for the fast reply! I see that you moved the camera and I can see about 10 sleeping chickens now.

I searched the internet and I see that Staples has a Dlink camera with night vision for $79.99. I might pick that up and see how it works.

This has me so geeked. I want to install it tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.
Check in tomorrow a.m. and I'll have it on the nest boxes.

Back
Top Bottom