Egg laying issues ....

Erika Koehn

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2017
So my chickens had been laying perfectly normal ... but now they are not laying at all! They have food and water.... and they seem perfectly healthy otherwise.... they all aren’t molting either...... so can y’all help?

would help if we knew where in the world or what state you are in as that would narrow down the possibilities.

My hens slow way down laying 1-2 weeks before I actually notice them molting, some of them haven't looked like they were molting either as they did a soft molt instead of a hard molt. Less daylight can slow them down, some breeds are better wintertime layers
than other.
Age of the flock can be a factor.
Nutritional deficiencies.
Internal or external Parasites.
Stress, including by nocturnal predator visitors.

Picture of your flock and set up might clue us in too

would help if we knew where in the world or what state you are in as that would narrow down the possibilities.

My hens slow way down laying 1-2 weeks before I actually notice them molting, some of them haven't looked like they were molting either as they did a soft molt instead of a hard molt. Less daylight can slow them down, some breeds are better wintertime layers
than other.
Age of the flock can be a factor.
Nutritional deficiencies.
Internal or external Parasites.
Stress, including by nocturnal predator visitors.

Picture of your flock and set up might clue us in too
X2

Sorry I forgot to check this app ..... wellll... fall weather and cold I kno can make a difference because last year my chickens slowed down their laying but they didn’t completely stop...

And I use de for my chickens and I give them vitamins in their water every once in a while :D

Back
Top Bottom