Egg laying questions

Arenas Chickens

Songster
Mar 3, 2020
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello BYC!! I have been doing my research and learned some interesting things about the whole egg laying process. It’s fascinating to say the least!

now I have found in my research that things like ‘dbl yolkers’ are rare and tend to fix themselves however, I seem to have a hen who only lays very large dbl yolker eggs. Today I found one that was a bit bigger than ‘usual’ with some blood on it.

are her eggs going to get bigger? Will she ever stop laying dbl yolkers? Is this usual or unusual? I kinda like having the large egg but ifit is a health issue for my lady then I’d like to have some thoughts!

thanks everyone!! 😊

What breed is she?
Double yolks are not uncommon with new layers, especially high production birds.
She may continue to lay them or not.....not much you can do about it.

What breed is she?
Double yolks are not uncommon with new layers, especially high production birds.
She may continue to lay them or not.....not much you can do about it.

she is a Rhode Island Red. About 6 months old. All laying well for 1.5 months now.
I just don’t want it to be an issue for her. These eggs are very large. But I thank everyone for their advise :)) personally I am happy for dbl yolkers I just don’t want my joy to be her pain.

Back
Top Bottom