egg laying time change

Mine always lay finish laying by 4-5:00 pm which is good for me, I can feed and get eggs after I get home from work and have some time to enjoy a few minutes with them.

AL

I have some that lay in the late afternoon too. It seems more so now since the daylight savings. It's 5pm our time but 4pm in chicken time.

Last edited:
Mine lay late afternoon. I checked my coop at 3 and there were no eggs. and 2 hours later there were 4. I never heard them sing the egg song though.
sad.png

I seem to have one late layer, too. She's also the only one who still doesn't want to use the nest box, either. At 3pm there were 7 eggs nicely sitting in the boxes. At 6pm there was one on the floor under the boxes. Maybe she's confused because I had taken all the other eggs out.
roll.png

I always get up to one in the morning, and as the day goes on they all lay eggs. They don't lay any after 5pm. Or not yet any way. I'm proud of them today, as yesterday we had a little talk about not laying, only got 4 yesterday. Today got 10!!!!
lol.png

My girls some lay in the morning and some lay in the afternoon. Like today I got one early morning, 2 around 11 am, one around 1pm and one around 4pm.

My white leghorn that used to give me 5-6 eggs a week quit last week and today at about 6PM she gave me a shell-less egg. Waz up with that?

Quote:
Some of mine sing and some don't. Some stand outside the nest box they want in and scream at whoever is in it to get out so they can use it.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom