Egg laying

20190817_101242.jpg
20190817_101242.jpg
20190817_101242.jpg

I have a Millie fleur hen almost a year old. She began laying in Aug and was doing fine until new years day when she was eggbound. She did finally lay the egg
No eggs for two weeks then, in one day, a marble sized egg and a shelless egg. Since then, another shelless egg. What can I do to help her?

I have a Mille Fleur Bantam hen almost a year old. She began laying in Aug. and all was well till New Years day when she was egg bound. She finally got the egg out Jan 2. No laying till the 16th.when she laid a normal egg. Jan 18 a marble sized egg and the a shelless egg in same day. Jan 23 another shelless egg. she is fed Dumor crumbles 16 % protein, oyster shell and grit. She gets vitamin water often. She gets treats....
12 small blueberries and half a grape, organic plain yogurt, frozen corn kernals, cracked corn. We haven't had much sun here in Kentucky for awhile. What can I do to help her???

Are your other birds laying 'normal' eggs?
First, I would cut out all treats....feed just the layer feed and plain water.

Our other chickens are different breeds. We have a Brahma rooster and two Brahma hens; five Buff Orpington hens; two Peking ducks and one Mallard duck. Yes other eghs are normal. Other. Chickens get the pellets.
I actually took my chicken to the vet when she was eggbound. He says she has "a few" parasites but not too much of a concern if her vent is back to normal, which it seems to be. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom