egg laying

Alyciaraya16

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2023
indiana
so… I have 4 around 9 month old chickens, only 3 are laying. but for some reason every couple of days i only get two eggs. does anyone know why? and also why my fourth chicken hasn’t started laying yet?

Chickens don’t lay every single day. You should get an egg every 20-30 hours on average. We have 2 Americanas and they take turns laying. One will lay one day the other the next. And on a rare occasion they will both lay the same day. It also depends on time of year and how much natural light they get. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Chickens don’t lay every single day. You should get an egg every 20-30 hours on average. We have 2 Americanas and they take turns laying. One will lay one day the other the next. And on a rare occasion they will both lay the same day. It also depends on time of year and how much natural light they get. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.
okay, thank you. i have no idea what kind of chickens i have, i’ve tried to find out but i have no clue and same as my three newest little fluffy legged chickens

Do you have pics I’m sure someone can help identify them.
yes i do!
86B0AA5F-5BE7-4D9F-B5BF-6BD32C1DB1D3.jpeg
B898BE4B-39F5-4F7C-990A-19192C593DE5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom