Egg Less Broody

Quote:
You could look on Craigslist.com in your area !! Or under the BST- baby chicks on here !!

So the egg doesn't appear to be developing. Most of the egg is dark on the onside. There isn't any veins or anything. One of the chicks shes tried to hatch died at 1 1/2 weeks and the inside of this resembles what I saw in the other egg. There aren't any chicks or eggs on craigslist in my area and cant seem to find anyone who lives in my area on the BST area. Any advice?

Last edited:
Is there any way you can move her to a different spot? I usually can break my broodie Silkies by moving them completely away from the nest. I use a cat or dog carrier for a few days in the garage or shop, with food and water inside. A wire cage is better they don't like the cold under them. They know that those eggs need to be warm and they will give up even with eggs if the bum is cold. It really is best to give her a break from brooding but I know how Silkies can be.

So I took the one egg out and replaced it with two more. They're about 1 1/2 weeks along and one appears to be developing and the other I'm unsure about. Hopefully one will hatch so she can get off the nest. Poor girl.

Good news. Fluffy is now a second time mama to americana and maran chick. It only took her about 8 weeks poor thing. But she finally happy:)

Mama and babies
P2220288.jpg

Hopper(americana) and the maran chick. I'm still trying to find a name for the maran chick. Any suggestions?
P2220295.jpg

P2220297.jpg

If you do want to give up on the broody business try giving her a clutch of ice cubes to sit on. Sometimes it takes two clutches...

Back
Top Bottom