egg "Mass"....what is it?

I found some info. on another site that a friend suggested, and I think it was a combination of things. I think one primary cause may be the major disruption they had on Sunday afternoon when we had to lock them out of the coop while we worked on the roosting area. They weren't too pleased and we had two eggs laid in the chicken run while we worked, plus we weren't able to get done until after dark! Yikes! They were really mad about that!

Anyway, yes--mine are on layer feed. I started graduating them over at about 15-16 weeks until they were on straight layer feed by about 19 weeks. They've also been receiving oyster shell since about 19 or 20 weeks. I supplement with lots of left-overs, avoiding excessively salty or sugary foods. Since mine are--unfortunately--not free range, I have to "supplement" their chicken run. We throw out homemade scratch which is bird seed mixed with some oyster shell and oatmeal. It seems to be working well except for this one instance since all of our eggs have so far had super hard shells with normal yolks and whites.

What is the significance of the flax seed?

Back
Top Bottom