Egg missing!!!???!!!

Hi all,

This is day 10 of hatching 3 eggs with a broody hen, and today, suddenly one of the eggs is missing!!! I checked all three nesting boxes and looked on the floor of the coop, I even checked my egg cartons to make sure no one had got the egg by accident thinking it was a eating egg. I looked under miss broody and she was sitting on only two of her fertile eggs, and one regular egg. By the way, she saw other eggs in a different nest and sat on them, leaving her two eggs she was supposed to be sitting on cold for who knows how long! EGG #3 IS MISSING! :hit :( :he :eek: :barnie :hit:hit

What happened to it???

- Clucky :(
Did you check in her wings? My broody liked to hide eggs in her wings for some reason.

Weird. My broody didn't have any missing eggs, but after her chick hatched it disappeared after 2 days. No idea what happened to it. Never found a body or anything. Any way you can put her in a cage or something to keep others away from her?

Weird. My broody didn't have any missing eggs, but after her chick hatched it disappeared after 2 days. No idea what happened to it. Never found a body or anything. Any way you can put her in a cage or something to keep others away from her?

Sorry, I didn't get your post. :rolleyes: Well, its ok, the last egg is still here and its day 17.

Likely:(. I have started putting Icy and her one remaining chick, in a cat carrier. The carrier is on an up turned bin, putting it two feet of the ground. She still has the last one. Black frizzle Cochin looking baby, although the dad is likely a d'Uccle.

I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom