Egg Mobile Trailer Project

It will hold quite a bit, it used to be a boat trailer and the tires are rated to 1750 lbs

What will you use to pull it around? Here in PA, we're experiencing a thaw, so if it were in my field it would be up to its axel in mud. Even though I can only dream of having such a beautiful movable coop, I love watching your progress!

What will you use to pull it around? Here in PA, we're experiencing a thaw, so if it were in my field it would be up to its axel in mud. Even though I can only dream of having such a beautiful movable coop, I love watching your progress!

Thanks! Right now I'll just be using my truck to move it around, until I can get a tractor with hitch.

Are you at all concerned with centering the weight?
Nest boxes go on 'back' of coop, which is the 'side' of trailer(if the 'front' of the trailer is the tongue end).
Seems like it might make it tippy....but I have no practical hands on experience with building something onto a trailer.

Are you at all concerned with centering the weight?
Nest boxes go on 'back' of coop, which is the 'side' of trailer(if the 'front' of the trailer is the tongue end).
Seems like it might make it tippy....but I have no practical hands on experience with building something onto a trailer.

It's funny you say that because I think Im going to put the boxes on the tongue end for just that reason. The boxes alone weigh a couple hundred pounds so the last thing I want is a tippy trailer. The original plan was to have (2) 55 gallon drums near the tongue for food and water storage, but not sure that's going to happen now. Thanks for the insight!

It's funny you say that because I think Im going to put the boxes on the tongue end for just that reason. The boxes alone weigh a couple hundred pounds so the last thing I want is a tippy trailer. The original plan was to have (2) 55 gallon drums near the tongue for food and water storage, but not sure that's going to happen now. Thanks for the insight!
Oh OK, good....didn't know what was front from back so wasn't sure.

Last edited:

Got the nest boxes all mounted up today, now just need to put the hinged back and hinged roof on them. And then it'll just be sheeting the walls and putting on the roofing!

Back
Top Bottom