Egg Pellets and Flock Raiser???????

chickens~galore

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 30, 2008
I have some speckle sussex, lakenvelders, and golden laced polishes that are 1 month and 2 weeks old. Can i feed them layer pellets or will that hurt them. They are penned up with my bantams right now and the bantams are at least a year and so I got some egg pellets yesterday to feed them and then I started thinking that that might hurt the young birds but i wasnt sure.

And i have heard of people talking about flock raiser...what is that. I have never heard of that. Whats in it?

Chickens~Galore

Flockraiser would be a better solution for you, however I know here they do not sell it in crumble unmedicated. You would have to check your local supplier to see what they carry. The only unmedicated here is in pellet form and they are too big for most bantams and chicks. If you have crumble unmedicated flockraiser, then give that to everyone and offer a side dish of oyster shell for your older hens.

Excess calcium during early development causes a lot of problems with birds which is why it is not in chick and grower feeds.

Jody

today i am going to go and buy some flock raiser. I found a feed store that carries it. When can i feed the egg pellets?

chickens~galore

Back
Top Bottom