egg problem

rich_e_rich73

Hatching
10 Years
May 17, 2009
my 12 ladies and one guy are almost a year old, they always greet me when i enter the coop and even through the winter i got 6 or 7 eggs a day. i didnt change floor pine shavings till weather broke here like 4 days ago. it need it from the walls sweating all winter
because i had a electric heater in there to keep water from freezing.
the problem is that thay havent layed one egg sence the change i figured 1 or 2 days for stressing them but not 4 has any one ever experienced this and how long should it last.

IMO Could be as long as a few weeks if they got realy stressed... hope they kick back into shape real soon. It could be that their old nests they were laying in are gone, they cant find the same place they laid before, the smell is gone, the dug out holes would be gone... all new...

Last edited:
i think i found why i dont have eggs. because they are eating them i put some fake eggs in the nests when i changed the straw and jut today i had the idea to put 2 of there own eggs back in the nest to try and get them back to laying. but when i went out to check on them the eggs were gone. not even a egg shell left behind. as far as watter i have a 5 gallon which a add apple vinegar to regularly. food i feed the laying mash pellets 1 gallon feeder witch is filled every day. grit sprinkled over the food as well as oyster shell.
they have 5 rungs of 6 ft perch to set on the coop is a 8 x 10 storage shed converted in to a coop. the pin is 10 x 40 enclosed no out side preditors can get in. and now they are eating ther eggs what should i do is there any hope or should i fill my freezer and start over
sad.png
idunno.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom