egg problem

tinybarnfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 14, 2011
I posted a little while ago with what everybody determined was a calcium deficiency problem. I have added oyster shells (free choise) but found this waiting for me today.
Is this still calcium related or just something freaky that happens ever so often? The first picture is what I found today, Second picture was from a week or so ago. Thanks for any input! Gene
106661_egg-no-shell.jpg

106661_egg-01.jpg

Quote:
I just didn't know if it was something to be worried about because all 5 hens I have started out strong with good looking(but kinda small) eggs. Then a few months later this happens. Thanks for the info, I will give them time. Wish I knew what hen was laying these.

I have a bantam hen that I have had for 4 years now and every egg that she has laid is like this, either really thin shell or no shell at all, just the membrane. She gets oyster shell just like the others but hasn't seem to change at all.
hmm.png

i had the same issue for a bit. i added more calcium and gave them less table scraps and they bounced back within a couple of days. i'll still get one from time to time, but not like i was.

Quote:
I will try backing off on the table scraps and see if that helps. They don't get many scraps currently but I will cut them off completely and see what happens. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom